Embracing the PossibilitiesSchool for the BlindThe School for the Blind offers high quality academic programs that meet all of the standards set by the SC Department of Education. We also provide an expanded core curriculum designed to meet the specific needs of children who are blind or visually impaired.
Highly qualified teachers and staff serve students in grades Pre-K3 -12 with:· Small, individualized academic classes
· Daily living skills instruction with a focus on developing independence· Braille, literacy, and assistive technology coaches
· Specialized technology and equipment
· Braille and large print materials and audio devices
· Art, music, and other enrichment classes
· Career exploration and work-based learning opportunities
· Health, orientation and mobility, and other related services
· Field trips and regional skills competitions
· Clubs, activities, and leadership opportunities
· Adapted sports and recreational opportunitiesBoth day and residential programs are available, and bus transportation is provided for both programs.