We strongly encourage prospective students and their families to visit the SC School for the Deaf and the Blind prior to applying. If you would like additional information about our school and schedule a tour, please click on the following link and complete the online request.
How to Apply
To develop an educational plan that truly meets your child's needs, an in-depth admissions process is necessary. The process typically takes several weeks from the time the application is received. The application and admission process includes the following steps:
Begin the process by accessing and completing the online application using the following link.
Online Application (This process can be completed via computer or smartphone).
- Submit the application along with the required additional documentation.
- With your signed consent (form included in the admission application), SCSDB will obtain relevant educational and medical records.
- When all information has been received, the admissions team will meet to review the information and determine whether the student meets admission criteria for enrollment.
- Parents will be contacted of the admissions team’s decision soon after the meeting.
- If all criteria are met and the student is accepted for enrollment, the student will be scheduled for an enrollment meeting. The online enrollment packet (Link to Online Enrollment Package: Online Enrollment) should be completed before the meeting. Parents or legal guardians are required to attend this meeting.