Access Technology Assistance
Students who are blind or visually impaired need access technology to use computers and devices. The outreach team is available to share information about the latest access technology and its use with teachers, parents, and students statewide.
Examples of access technology include:
- Computer screen reader software
- Refreshable braille displays and keyboards
- Braille translation software
- Text enlargement software
- GPS devices
- Portable scanning devices
By matching students with the unique combination of software, hardware, and devices, we are able to help meet specific student needs.