How to Apply
The application and admission process includes the following steps:
1. Obtain an application packet – click here You may also receive an application packet by mail, fax or e-mail.
2. Submit the application form and additional documentation (included in the application packet).
3. The admissions team, consisting of the school’s coordinator of instruction and SC School for the Deaf and the Blind related services staff, will hold a file review meeting.
5. The admissions team will hold an eligibility meeting to which the student’s local public school district personnel will be invited. Sometimes it is determined that more documentation is required. If eligibility is established, the SC School for the Deaf and the Blind admissions team then decides if the student is accepted based on the school’s ability to provide a program to meet the student’s educational needs.
6. Parents will then receive a phone call from the admissions coordinator to inform the parents/guardians of the admissions team’s decision.
7. If eligible and accepted, the student will be scheduled for the Placement/Individualized Education Program (IEP) meeting. Parents or legal guardians are required to attend this meeting to help write the initial IEP.
A student may be enrolled at any time throughout the year, except during mandatory state testing.
Return completed applications to:
SC School for the Deaf and the Blind
ATTN: Admissions Office